There are 2 categories of seal licenses: Personal Use and Commercial Use.

Personal Use License
Under a Personal Use license you can use your own vessel to harvest 6 seals for personal use.
You can not sell the seal.

Commercial Seal License
Under the Commercial Seal License there are 3 classifications:
– Professional

– Assistant
– Temporary Assistant

A Professional sealer can harvest seals using their own vessel. They can use an assistant sealer or temporary assistant sealer as crew members.

An Assistant sealer , under supervision of a professional sealer, can shoot or strike the seal first. The temporary assistant can only strike the seal after it has been shot by the professional or assistant sealer.

The main difference between professional and assistant is that an assistant sealer cannot use their own vessel.

Also, only a professional sealer can sign on a temporary assistant sealer